I wanted to start off our 2020/2021 season the same way I plan to start every year as long as I am around.
A feature article on all of our Seniors! Our seniors have put their blood, sweat and tears into this program, and it is my pleasure to honor them, and to remind our community of the incredible individuals who have given their time and effort to build our program.
- Aaliyah Porfidio
- How long have you played soccer? 4 years
- What position do you play? Center Back
- What was your fondest memory of playing at RHS? My fondest soccer memory is beating Marion my sophomore and junior years. *Hopefully again this year!
- What’s your number? 15
- Are you a captain? Yes
- Are you looking to play at the collegiate level or in the future? Yes, I would like to play club or intramural.
- Have you ever received any medals/recognition in this sport? I made all NCC 1st team last year and made the all NCC conference poster!
- What are you looking forward to most about senior year? I am looking forward to a season full of growth on and off the field.
- What is your personal goal for this Year? My goal is to be an amazing team leader and win a tournament.
- Where do you plan on going to school next year? Miami University
- What do you plan on studying? Medical Field(Major undecided)
- What advice would you give yourself 4 years ago if you could go back? I would tell myself to keep giving effort in everything I do, and that all the hard work pays off.
- What advice would you give yourself 4 years from now if you could go forward? I would tell myself to keep pushing through the challenging events that I will face.
- Who is your role model? Erin Williams
- Who do you look up to? My grandmother, Kristy Porfidio
- What do you like to do in your free time? Spend time with my friends.
- What is your fondest memory at RHS? Winning snowball princess my freshman year.
- What is your favorite food? Crab Cheese Angles
- What is your favorite quote? “Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.” -Tom McCallum
- If you were any animal what animal would you be? Why? A wolf, because I am driven and focused, and a buzzfeed quiz told me so.
- What is your biggest accomplishment? My biggest accomplishment @ RHS is being an outstanding scholar.
Please come see Aaliyah in action this fall! YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!